I was so honored to be a guest on the podcast, Kickin' it with Daree Allen last week. A show about lifestyle, culture, life coaching, personal development, faith and fun. Get practical resources and real advice that will inspire you to improve relationships, develop yourself, and handle everyday situations and stressors better than ever.
I was able to share my story, give helping tips and offer hope to those struggling with any kind of loss.
In This Episode…
- My story (2:21)
- Recognizing depression and mental illness (15:35)
- Asking the question, "Are you OK?" (20:51)
- The problems with the Netflix series, 13 Reasons Why, about teen suicide (23:04)
- The stigma of crying in front of people (28:40)
- The time it takes to grieve and the "get over it" sentiment (31:44)
- The stages of grief myth (33:24)
- What Kristi wishes she had known (35:19)